Thursday, September 24, 2015

You are My Sunshine

When I first listened to the words for you are my sunshine, I felt it was a song about rejection. This other person he put so much love and desperate attention towards, left him and not longer wants to be with him. This took me way back to a memory I have in middle school where I finally got the courage to go up to a girl who was a few years older, and back when your in middle school that feels like a hugggge gap. Well, I was deep in middle school love with this girl, and so far, my experience with girls was based off of movies. So I decided to go get her a flower and walked up to her after school right before graduation. Sadly, this wasn't not a happy ending. I got shot down quick and easy. She was very nice, she giggled and took the flower, however I didn't gallop away into the sunset with her on a horse like I imagined. She was my middle school sunshine and she left me to go do bigger and better things in high school. For this week I based my project on her and I drew that flower that i gave her. The paper quality and lack of color represents the loss of my sunshine girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment