Thursday, November 19, 2015

Country Blues

Country Blues really has a different feel from place to place. I don't have the expert ear to be able to decipher from where without looking it up, but i can just feel it. This week had a lot of interesting songs. I have like the blues ever since i was young, its just the feeling it gives you while listening. It really makes you listen and feel the lyrics.

For this week I focused on sweet home Chicago. While I was listening to it, i was with a friend that was actually from Chicago and he started singing along, i asked him if it was a popular song over there and he told me he doesn't know about the kids now, but he thought everyone knew that song in Chicago.
Then I could see his joy to hear about his home town and based this weeks project about my favorite place back home, my local beach i grew up surfing. of course I had to show my favorite place from my favorite view point!! inside a wave looking out to the stairs where you walk down. "Baby i want to go back to half moon bay" is what i heard listening to this song. While making this project, i really did make me feel like i was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment